Monday 18 October 2010

Ajban Farms and Dubai Pivot Fields 18.10.10

Been working up in Kuwait for the last two weeks and not had a lot of time to update the blog.  However I now have remote access to my home machine from my hotel room in Kuwait,  how cool is that ?!!
On the 9th Oct I went over to Ajban Farms on the way to Al Wathba in Abu Dhabi to search out a Stone Curlew found by my friend Mohamed the day before,  unfortunately no Stone Curlew but there were a group of lovely Black-Winged Stilts feeding in the pools by the farms at Ajban.

Black-Winged Stilt
(Himantopus himantopus)

On the 16th October (in between trips to Kuwait) I visited my local patch (Dubai Pivot Fields),  it was a beautiful day, no haze or humidity to speak of, first time for many months - a good sign that winter is approaching.  Was not really looking for anything special just some good images.  A beautiful Daurian (Isabelline) Shrike gave me some excellent views and let me approach very close.  The sun was setting and the light was fabulous.  The bird also managed to perch in a situation that provided a lovely brown background.  Anyways, I have included a couple of examples.  Other captures were Crested lark, Isabelline Wheatear and Tawny Pipit

Isabelline Wheatear
(Oenanthe Isabellina)


Crested Lark
(Galerida cristata)


Daurian (Isabelline) Shrike
(Lanius Isabellinus)


Daurian (Isabelline) Shrike
(Lanius Isabellinus)



Tawny Pipit
(Anthus campestris)





3 comments: