Saturday 25 September 2010

Around the UAE 24th September

I travelled around the UAE quite a lot this weekend.   Probably the nicest find for me was a lovely Masked Shrike right by my office.  I saw this bird whilst going for a coffee on Thursday.  Made sure I got to the office early Friday morning (24th)  The bird showed really well and was not too shy,  preferred sitting on top of a rock rather than a tree which was good !   

Masked Shrike
(Lanius nubicus)
Masked Shrike
(Lanius nubicus)



Later in the afternoon I drove over to Ajban near Abu Dhabi, there are some farms located here and I had heard reports of up to 6 Egyptian Nightjar.  With GPS co-ordinates in hand I set off.  Fortunately I fairly quickly discovered 3 of the birds,  2 of which I managed to flush as my fieldcraft wasn't particularly good !  :-)

Egyptian Nightjar
Caprimulgus aegyptius
Egyptian Nightjar
Caprimulgus aegyptius


No comments:

Post a Comment